• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Audio Sector LM3875 Classic Dual Mono with Pass B1

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This is an integrated classic dual mono Audio Sector LM3875 chip amp housed in a vintage Pioneer SA-600 amp case.
Integrated, because also inside is a Pass Labs B1 buffer pre-amp.

This amp has a great vintage Pioneer look. Transformers are (2) 22-22V 160VA Avel Lindberg toroidal.

It has 2 inputs and A & B speaker outputs. A posts are quality Dayton Audion posts. Currently the B speakers are disconnected because I didn't use them enough and I wanted to keep the output leads as short as possible. You could easily reconnect them if desired.

No tone controls.

It has been in my main system for about 2 years and it has run very cool, dead silent and performed flawlessly.

I'm asking $199. Buyer pays shipping. I accept paypal only.

Thanks
Brian

Attachments

• P1040391.JPG
    P1040391.JPG
    504.3 KB · Views: 366
  • P1040390.JPG
    P1040390.JPG
    474.6 KB · Views: 342
  • P1040392.JPG
    P1040392.JPG
    444.6 KB · Views: 333
Sure thing!

By the way, I didn't sacrifice a working Pioneer amp for this project. It was on the fritz and I liked the champagne look of the front face. Very classy.

The heat sink for the chips is a section of 3/8" thick aluminum angle, and it does its job well. This is a very cool running amp.

I've seen amps that were wired a little bit more tidy than mine, but I've seen some that look like a bird's nest too.

However, you can see that attention was given to short wiring lengths, separation of power supply and amp side. I also made a reasonable attempt to twist signal and AC leads. But like I said, it is dead quiet, so the wiring is adaquate.

Cheers!

Attachments

• P1040469.jpg
    P1040469.jpg
    375.2 KB · Views: 295
  • P1040470.jpg
    P1040470.jpg
    416 KB · Views: 290
  • P1040471.jpg
    P1040471.jpg
    342.2 KB · Views: 164
it looks very nice!. Too bad you never try it with bigger power supply:(
Those 10uf caps are way too small. I build these kits long time ago and the sound was FLAT using those joke 10uf caps in the power supply...as soon as I put a few 10000uf the sound came alive;) I bet, if you try using at least 10000uf per rail, you will not sell it ;)

If I don't sell it, I will try that. I've read good and bad things about the 10000uF caps. There is some debate. Some who tried them said that they couldn't hear a difference.

Your advice is exciting though. So all one would need to do is substitute the 10uF for 10K uF? That's it?

This is a nice amp and like you said, it has some potential. The reason I'm selling is that I have 3 amps (not much by some people's standards) and the other two have sentimental value to me. And I need some money for a speaker upgrade.

I wouldn't be too disappointed if it didn't sell though. = )

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.