• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

WTB: Salas SSHV2 reg

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I'm quite comfortable working with tube circuits, I have found, through personal experience, that a well laid out and well silk-screened circuit board is essential for solid-state projects in order to prevent unintentional fireworks displays. ;-)

By the way, I've managed to score an already built version of the Salas. (Thanks, Mike!)

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
I have emailed Kevin at K & K to remove any association reference to "Salas" and to clarify that I am not affiliated or had licensed any reg to K & K. That one looks like a concoction of SSLV1 topology with a depletion CCS like the one he sells separately. Its NOT an SSHV2 or alike. Referring to my name and work at his web page he feels its a recognition as he wrote back, while I just see it as borrowing tech for commercial purposes without asking, or offering compensation. I don't know the performance of that reg, and I don't endorse it, is the bottom line.

Now seems a "bad guy", I'm sorry Salas receive all my support.

Actually ,I'd be happy if somebody would have called whatever crap he's selling "limono' style shunt regulator. I know it may be a grey line but if the design is not a copy of Salas regulator and the name is given just for recognition take it easy . DIYaudio is more of a cloning community (we can clone it cheaper) without ANY regards to copyright whatsoever than really "do it yourself dude" movement so lets not bother ourselves with formalities , can we?

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Actually ,I'd be happy if somebody would have called whatever crap he's selling "limono' style shunt regulator. I know it may be a grey line but if the design is not a copy of Salas regulator and the name is given just for recognition take it easy . DIYaudio is more of a cloning community (we can clone it cheaper) without ANY regards to copyright whatsoever than really "do it yourself dude" movement so lets not bother ourselves with formalities , can we?

To the contrary, using an already very well known DIY reg solution reference gives much more credit to the product aimed at a diy audience than any no royalties paid commercial recognition ever helps the originator in anything IMHO. By just changing SSHV1 for CCS as obviously done, and/or by doing own layout someone owns a design of a product, but does not own the originator's fame be it good or bad, and any reference to my name should be removed. Creates confusion at least. You already thought its good for an SSHV2 for instance and recommended it. See?

P.S. I would have recognized the topology at a blink of an eye on a photo, being referenced or not.

Stop the abuse!

Salas has not only published many designs which became popular, but he also patiently assists those building them. I have participated in group buys just because the PCBs were made from one of Salas’ designs and had his approval. His name carries a lot of credibility. Using it for financial gain is, in my view, abusing someone who has been so generous to this community.

Seriously dude ??

Did you voice your concerns when half of DIY community cloned proac speakers and was destroying 47 labs business and "reverse engineer " whatever it could?
This is hardly the case really. The name Salas (is this even a real name ?) caught my attention while I was browsing the K&K site and I knew it must be some sort of shunt reg. I didn't even know how many versions of it existed. It just stuck in the diy circles and making a deal out of it makes no sense to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.