• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

>> WTB: TDA1541A-S2 Taiwan made >>

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Good afternoon Gentlemen,

I'm looking for two (or one) pcs original TDA1541A-S2 Taiwan made (1997) DAC ICs, because of my Parallel NOS DAC project.

If anybody don't want to begin or finish his lovely TDA1541A DAC project, or simple has some surplus chips in the top drawer, please write me to: zeroalbedo@freemail.hu

Our diyAudio site :grouphug: probably is my last hope, so if you might, please help me.

The attached below picture from http://www.dutchaudioclassics.nl/philips_tda1541-s2/ is for demonstration purpose only.

Thx in advance!

Attachments

• TDA1541A-S2 Taiwan.jpg
    TDA1541A-S2 Taiwan.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 345
I have a reflection from an ebay seller:

"Hi I have sold two of my TDA1541A S2 chips cause I have found better sounding these are speciall selection R1 chips price for two is ...$ there is an option if you do not like chips to return them to me I will make a full refund. I have 100% possitive feedback on ebay check my store http://stores.ebay.com/..."

I think that, the better technical parameters may not automatically give a guarantee for sound superiority. But should I beleive that this so called "special selection R1" sounds better than S2? Why Philips or Marantz (CD-7) engineers were not and Audiophiles here are not clear with this secret? Has anibody ever compared the sound of S2 vs R1?

Cheers

studiostevus: the stamps are from platycerus's photoalbum. The photo was made somewhen six years ago, and luckily it's here only for demonstration purpose now ;).

I hope and I think within the diyAudio circle there are many truthful and friendly people and a lot of them ready to help me indeed.

But I know that to find a free real TDA1541-S2... it is not a road to heaven.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.