• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Kenwood KD-500 "The Rock" DD Turntable $150

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Very nice condition stone plinth hence th nick name "the rock) Kenwood KD-500
table. Comes without tonearm (like supplied originaly by Kenwood). Selling for a friend. Armboard cut for Rega, Hadcock, Grace all around 222mm spindle to center distance. I will have vintage Hadcock GH228 super arm for sale also once he finds all the bits and pieces. Pickup in Chicago would be the best .Rock is heavy. ;)

Attachments

• kenwood rock 005.jpg
    kenwood rock 005.jpg
    454.6 KB · Views: 305
  • kenwood rock 006.jpg
    kenwood rock 006.jpg
    666.5 KB · Views: 296
  • kenwood rock 007.jpg
    kenwood rock 007.jpg
    608.1 KB · Views: 383
  • kenwood rock 008.jpg
    kenwood rock 008.jpg
    522.1 KB · Views: 269
Well , sorry but I decided to suspend the sale. I have to go for work trip ASAP and secondly
out of respect ....for the table. I didn't even evaluate it and although my former table technics SP25 with obsidian plinth and Denon DA-307 arm Grado Sonata was musicaly so so
Kenwood looks like a more substantial deck. In times when people are willing to spend $2000 on stone plinth just to put Thorens TD124 (I have it) or Garrard clunkers in maybe I should look closer on the performance of this table. Regards, L

Last edited:
Actually, it is a sleeper of a table. IMO, for home audio applications, superior to the SL-1200, and just a little below the SP-10. That plinth is DEATHLY DEAD quiet! It's not pretty, and it looks mass market with the etched strobe marks on the platter side. Still, sonically it compares well with $1000 to $2000 belt drives made today. A Bren or similar record clamp is a must IMO.Internet search the Bren clamp and you can see one on a KD-500, or 550 table. I have one, and while it's not my favorite TT, I don't plan on selling it either. and certainly not for $100! People maybe missed a bargain here....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.