• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Western Electric Transistors

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have come into an amazing collection of Western Electric Transistors.

I have:

4 matched pairs of type 35B PNP Germanium TO-5 Tin Plate DOM 1967.

12 type 12 A TO-8 Gold case with top vacuum seal DOM 1963.

12 type 12 F TO-8 Gold case with top vacuum seal DOM 1962.

9 black case TO-5 with top vacuum marked GA53775 239H.

8 brown case as above no markings.

14 as above tin case, all with long gold leads.

5 type 16 NPN TO-18 Tin.

25 type 16A NPN Painted green with vacuum tube on top.

20 type 29B NPN silicon TO18 with two leads out the bottom and the third on top DOM 1971.

25 type 62B RF transistors all gold special case with heat tap DOM 1968.

100++ Type 57 TO18 Unmarked NPN silicon planar.

and a few others such as type 45, 109A, G657155 and four unmarked TO-18 gold very long leads with top vacuum seal.

Anyone interested ed@simonsound.com

Hi Ed,

And thanks again for the parcel of transistors you sent, which arrived today. They're quite fascinating, and I'm especially tickled that the gold case type 12F, marked 3-62 were made two months after my birth!

I hadn't seen this thread before today, I actually ended up here doing a google search for data on the 35B, and this thread was top of the list.

All the best
Simon

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.