• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: 2 fostex FF-165K full range drivers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
For sale are a pair of very nice fostex FF165K fullrange 6.5" drivers ( http://www.madisound.com/ff165k.pdf ). I used these in a pair of full range horns. very nice smooth sound, with excellent clarity in the midrange, warm lows and highs. i have to sell these as i need something bigger for my largish room.

the drivers are stock, except for a bit of damping tape i stuck on the inside of the ribs for damping and reflection absorption. the buyer may remove this if wanted, but i prefered them this way. the operating and cosmetic condition are excellent.

they have about 150 hours on them and are in excellent condition and have lost the initial nastiness that most full range drivers have when new. ready to "plug and play", they are.

these are not el-cheapo drivers, ..they are very good sounding and at this price, an affordable way to experience the full range sound. in fact to me, most other crossover-based speaker designs now sound comparitively lifeless. i've also had these in a 25 litre bass reflex enclosure and while the bass dropped somewhat from the horn loaded enclosure, the midrange magic still remains. such an application would be perfect for an office or bedroom.

contact me at bigzero@[DELETETHIS]eathling.net if interested.

asking $90 shipped for the pair. when new, they go for about $120 per pair plus S&H.

thanks, vin

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.