• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: AD1865 tube DAC (DAC END)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
For sale AD1865 based, tube DAC. Has been my main DAC for over year and it's time to make a "haircut" to my audio ring. Boards, components and custom ordered 220V transformers cost me over 450 EUR. All components are bought from Digikey (AD 1865N-K grade chip, and Dale resistors, Caddock I/V resistors), Parts Connection (tubes, JENSEN PSU cap, OSCONs, Kinawe resistors etc) and Banzai Germany (Mundorf Supremes, ERO 1831 caps, ELNA Silmic caps). I did apply the Adamus led mod that gave more detail and more articulate bass. Everything is housed on an aluminum case (modushop.biz). The power switch is based on ε24 Power Switch Driver Circuit (The ε24 Power Switch Driver Circuit) with the optional sensing loop employing thermal breakers (80C) in the event of device overheat (never triggered even during the hot Greek summer). ε24 is controlled by a Bulgin MPI002 series, ring-illuminated.

The DAC is dead quite. As for the sonic impressions, the relative thread is big but quite informative.
Tubes have an expected life of 10.000hours, have been used less than 500hours.

Following the possible sale configurations:
1. Boards only with two set of tubes, GE7044 and Philips Jan (preferred): 390 USD shipped
2. Boards and transformers: 470 USD shipped
3. Complete DAC and chassis as in the photos: 650 USD shipped

Payment method: Paypal
Shipping method: Registered mail

For Greek members, audition is possible and obviously pick up is preferred.

Attachments

• DSC_4728.JPG
    DSC_4728.JPG
    719 KB · Views: 858
  • DSC_4715.JPG
    DSC_4715.JPG
    623.4 KB · Views: 820
  • DSC_4718.JPG
    DSC_4718.JPG
    704.2 KB · Views: 809
  • DSC_4720.JPG
    DSC_4720.JPG
    733.3 KB · Views: 756
  • DSC_4731.JPG
    DSC_4731.JPG
    734.2 KB · Views: 648
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.