• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Magnepan 2.6/R for sale, Chicago western suburbs, pickup only. Near mint.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello everyone.
I have been off the forum for awhile, so I feel a bit rude asking for help, but I must now present to the forum, a request for help in the form of the sale of my babies, my 2.6/R's.
My name is John, I am an unusual man with a somewhat odd journey. When I was young, I was quite inspired by electronics, and audio in particular. I was very passionate, and I wanted to know everything I could about reproducing music perfectly.
When I was 19, my grandmother died, and I inherited a small sum of money. It was just enough to buy the system of my dreams at the time: A Hafler XL-280 amp, Hafler DH-110 pre, a Harman Kardon CD player.... and a pair of brand new MG2.6/R's.
Those were good times. My system even brought me a limited sort of 'fame' among my friends, no one had heard anything like it. Good times.

Life is strange sometimes, not just strange, downright vexing and amazing.

I have underachieved for years, lugged my Maggies from apartment to apartment, sometimes not even having the space to set them up and listen to them. All the time, becoming more poor, constantly assuming that, 'I had not lived up to my potential.'.
Flash forward, we are in the future, it is almost 2012 AD. In October of 2010, I learned that for almost 40 years, I had not known that I suffered from Aspergers Syndrome. Yes, you read that right.

I am nearly destitute, there is no help for me, I have no access to medical care of any kind, I have survived on poverty level income for years.

My plea is this: I have loved this forum and know the kind of people that are here, knowledge is the greatest force I have ever encountered on this earth - and I consider intelligent people my friends.
I am coming to the end of a lease, and I have accepted that I must sell my speakers. I would love for someone on this wonderful forum to be the next owner.

Details are:
1 pair, Magnepan MG2.6/R speakers.
circa 1990, all original documentation to prove that I am original owner.

Speakers were in near mint shape last I heard them, stored for about 4 years now. Mylar perfect and original, no loose voice coil wires as of last listening.

Original price: $2081, 1990
White oak side rails, mint condition.
Black grilles
stand 6 foot by about 2 foot wide, about 2-3 inches thick.
True ribbon tweeters, they have been replaced, but all good at the moment.

These speakers have been treated with great care, not subjected to shock or abuse.
This is an original pair, with matched crossovers.

Retail value, about $600
I would be willing to let a forum member have the pair for $500 if they could pick them up.
An audition is possible, but I can't guarantee the quality of my source.

I have all original receipts, owners guide, etc. The only thing missing is the BOX! I know, bogus, but I lent a guy the box and he never gave it back. The speakers could be picked up with a van/pickup if you have an old comforter or a couple blankets to put underneath and some cardboard to put between the panels.

Trades are possible, I am looking for something smaller of similar value.

Speakers are in western suburbs of Chicago, DuPage county, contact for more details.

I will post pics as soon as possible.........

thank you everyone.
John

I am very sorry about this crazy lag in communication, I know most of you can imagine how hectic moving can be.

The speakers are still available, they were offered to John65b first, so I have PM'd him and will wait for a response.

cyclecamper: I have 2 weeks to make a sale, john65b is first in line, if he is no longer interested or if I don't hear from him within a week or so, I will post an update here and PM you. Thank you for the offer.

I will post when sale is made so mods can close this thread...

Thank you so much forum,
I still hope to get my F5 up and running when I get to my new home, that's another project I have put off for far too long.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.