• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Fostex FX120 pair for sale - unopened

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi All,

I have a pair of Fostex FX120 pair for sale. These are unopened and are in their original packing - I bought them from Madisound a year (or so) ago, and meant to build a pair of Fonkens. However, I think I overestimated my DIY skills so am selling the drivers.

Please let me know if you are interested. I live in the Chicago area and can ship it to you anywhere in the US.

The drivers are lovely and very well built - cast iron frame not stamped. They're also supposed to be very smooth, smoother than many other Fostexes in the same class.

I haven't thought through the price, so please make me an offer if you are interested, or let me know what's supposed to be fair price.

I also have a pair (actually more than one pair) and yes they are very smooth. I had some success with the plans that came with the driver. Not sure what to call the box, a cross between a bass reflex and bandpass. It is pretty easy to build – pic posted on another thread – I’ll be working on the pair later today, may have some additional pics later.

If I may ask, what’s the Fonkens design?

Last edited:
Well we may be getting slightly off topic, but did have success today. Turned one set of cabinets around about doubled the bass. I was getting hefty bass at 42 hz and they kept going down below 30hz. The rear firing pair did need a large coil(s), because there was too much mid range overlapping with the front pair.

Don’t know what you are looking at? – Cabinets plans from Fostex FX 120: 2 pointing front – 2 pointing rear.

Attachments

• 120 FX Front.JPG
    120 FX Front.JPG
    118.5 KB · Views: 177
  • FX 120 Back.JPG
    FX 120 Back.JPG
    153.5 KB · Views: 174
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.