• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

WTB F5 power 12V input smps power supply

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am looking for a SMPS that will take a 12V single rail input and ouput a dual 24-28V rails. I am going to be using this to power 2 F5 amp boards in my car. If you are able to build one for me I would be willing to pay for that as well. I know there are plans online (Switchmode Power Supply For Car Audio) but they are a bit above my current skill level and I would like this to work the first time around. If you are willing to build this or a similar PS for me please PM me with the details and price including your labor. Thank you.

Would be same as F5. I would think ~ 10A continuous, if I understand the current draw correctly. I believe that an unregulated PS would be fine unless there is some reason it would be needed. The amp has pretty high noise rejection but I am not sure what a reasonable level of ripple content would be allowable. The power supply would need a remote turn on. Is there any other information that is required to make this happen?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.