• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Kind of a heatsink. . .

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I was at the local home depot and saw a 8x48" aluminum concrete float. I immediatly noticed the 'float' was about 1/4-3/8" thick with 4 approximately 1/2" x 1/2" ribs going down the length. Obviously, these aren't really good fins, but the float was $22-ish and if cut into pieces could make sides for a chassis or something like that.

The pic below shows it in black, but the ones I saw were natural finish, possibly anodized, but I'm not sure.

Just thought I'd throw a curve out there for anybody wanting a pseudo-heatsink source.

Sandy.

Attachments

• aluminum float.jpg
    aluminum float.jpg
    2 KB · Views: 357
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.