• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Looking for Service manual for Crown Com-Tech 210

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I just bought 6 Crown Com-Tech 210 amps and have problems with one channel on two of them. The other four work fine, but I'd like to check the circuit tuning. The Crown site doesn't list a SM for them and I was wondering if anyone here has worked on them and/or knows if I can use the 810/1610 manual for any of the circuitry. I'll call Crown tomorrow, but I'm anxious to get started on them today and don't want to waste a lot of time reinventing the wheel if anyone here has some tips.

The cooling fans were frozen in all of them so I removed and refurbished all the bearings and oil pads. Luckily the protection circuitry is good enough than none seem to have suffered any damage from that problem, and the Crown site says that many of them were shipped without cooling fans to begin with.

I'm keeping three of them and want to sell the other three. Anyone interested?

I know it's been a long time since I asked this question, but I have since found out a few things and thought maybe someone else could be helped.

The 810/1610 schematics were the correct ones to use, the main difference in the circuitry between the different versions of the ComTecs are the number of output transistors. The the 210 has only two pairs per channel and two pairs are added for each power level increase. The rest of the circuitry is identical or close enough.

The problem I had with the two bad channels was blown output transistors. I started to build a transistor matcher out of junk parts, but got sidetracked by other projects before I could complete it. When it finally gets made, I'll try my hand at matching some old BJTs I have lying around and use the amps for light duty until I can afford the $20 each Crown wants for the replacements. I think the amps are worth fixing.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.