• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

WTB - JVC RIBBON HSW1199

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everybody,

I have some 12 years old loudspeakers at home. They use JVC HSW 1199-01DAS AND HSW 1199-01FCS ribbon tweeters(JVC Dyna-Flat Ribbon Supertweeters, made in Japan.

These were used in JVC's top dog ZERO series loudspeakers from the late 70's. JVC's inhouse HSW1199-01FCS) :confused:
Two of them are broken so I am looking for replacement. I know that these tweeters were made not only under JVC mark but also under other brands, so maybe anybody can help me to find a company which still sells them for reasonable price, or maybe somebody has it at home and would like to sell it. I appreciate any help, thanks.

Those broken JVC units may be repairable, JVC used a "glop" of aluminum solder to make contact to the traces. That solder easily lost it's bond. Sometimes you can just use some foam, like the double sided foam tape behind the solder glop that will force a mechanical connection. This works fine in many cases. Don't attempt to re solder the contact. It will melt the Kapton, and you'll never get it to work then.

*Pinkmouse, if he can't use yours, let me know how much you'd want. I might take them.*

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.