• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS:Buffalo DAC II with tube output stage

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,
I might be forced to sell my beloved DAC which is built using the 80Mhz Buffalo II board plus a full set of Paul Hynes regulators. PH regs were a truly serious upgrade and were worth the wait of almost two months to build.
The I/V stage is built around two 1689 PP transformers and 5687 tubes, PRP resistors and Black gate N series Capacitors. It has SE and balanced outputs, input is BNC and parts are carefully arranged in a HIFI2000 all aluminum box, cabling is all Kimber cable and everything is optimised thoroughly-wenge natural wood under critical parts, delrin stands for the teflon tubes sockets - this was the build of my life. Total cost of parts only is more than 1500USD, not to mention the money spent on the work on the DAC( assembly and fine tuning was done by a professional). So I am looking for something like 1250USD plus shipping, I will take care of the Paypal fees. I do understand how much that is, I will just mention that after hearing that BII I sold my Audio Synthesis DAX-2 and Exemplar 3910. And it plays 24/192... For any questions just send a PM or an email. I will probably upload some pictures of the front and back soon.

Happy New Year!

Attachments

• BuffaloPHr.JPG
    BuffaloPHr.JPG
    655.1 KB · Views: 716
Plans have changed and I am offering just the Buffalo II board with the complete set of the Paul Hynes regulators(6 pcs)installed. Price is 650USD incuding shipping worldwide. Just to make it clear that includes the Buffalo II baord with the boards on it, the Placid used as a prepre regulator and the transformer(220V though), also the Volumite digital volume control. This is almost as much as this has cost me and I don't want to be greedy, I just need the money, you will get a fully functional and tuned set of boards, assembled and tested by a proffessional electronic engineer, not to mention avoiding the 2-3 months wait for either the Buffalo II or the Paul Hynes regs. And the PH stuff really made the biggest difference. Thanks for looking.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.