• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

WTB: LDR-based volume control / pre

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2005
Paid Member
OK. Pic is below. It was my first implementation a few years ago, and I have another that was a little more cleaner (on a PCB) that I want to keep. It is powered off a 9V battery and dropped to 5V via a 7805 regulator. It is a single pot design. Its a bit of a rat's nest, but sounds very clean - no hiss or hum. You can also use a 12V wallwart, but since there is no sink on the 7805, may get a little hot.

The first quarter turn from 6:00 to 9:00 does nothing as far as attenuation, but then both channels tracks pretty close after 9:00 all the way to full volume. As you know, there is no gain on this volume control.

Probably a good candidate for a re-house into something a little nicer.

Attachments

• P1010009.JPG
    P1010009.JPG
    671.8 KB · Views: 241
  • P1010010.JPG
    P1010010.JPG
    670 KB · Views: 247
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.