• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Holton Precision Audio dual mono amp kit using hpa-nxv201ps modules

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I built this amp around the excellent Holton Precision Audio HPA-nxV201PS modules. It is probably the most transparent amp I ever had in my system. Very refined, clean, clear presentation. Very neutral. It is only 9 months old and looks and works flawlessly.
This amp is a dual mono design with soft start and DC protection circuits.
The modules come all assembled, my job was to get the transformers, prepare the chassis (also form Holton Precision Audio) for the transformers (330VA) and boards, and hook all elements together. Hook up wire is all long grain solid copper.

The chassis is heavy duty made of aluminum and steel. It is very well finished. The top plate was damaged during shipping, nothing major, barely visible. I never bother to replace it. The connectors are high grade audiophile quality.

Specs:

110 Watts RMS continuous sine wave into 8 Ω
180 Watts RMS continuous sine wave into 4 Ω
The HPA-nxV201PS is 2 Ω Stable
Dampening Factor At 100hz 8Ω = 800
Dampening Factor At 1khz 8Ω = 650
Dampening Factor At 10khz 8Ω = 250
RCA Single ended Input impedance 33kΩ
Single Ended Input Gain = 30.6dB
THD+N - Typically 0.002%

This kit cost me a little more than $1400 plus many hours of (passionate) work studying and building it. I'm asking $1150 for the assembled, tested, broken-in and beautifully sounding finished unit.

PS: I'm in the US, the amp is configured for 110-120VAC. But the transformers have dual primaries. They can be re-wired for 220-240VAC.

index.php

index.php

index.php

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.