Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Swap Meet Sell your stuff here, who knows, some other fanatic might be interested!

Holton Precision Audio dual mono amp kit using hpa-nxv201ps modules
Holton Precision Audio dual mono amp kit using hpa-nxv201ps modules
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 14th September 2010, 07:51 PM   #1
Electro3000 is offline Electro3000  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Holton Precision Audio dual mono amp kit using hpa-nxv201ps modules

I built this amp around the excellent Holton Precision Audio HPA-nxV201PS modules. It is probably the most transparent amp I ever had in my system. Very refined, clean, clear presentation. Very neutral. It is only 9 months old and looks and works flawlessly.
This amp is a dual mono design with soft start and DC protection circuits.
The modules come all assembled, my job was to get the transformers, prepare the chassis (also form Holton Precision Audio) for the transformers (330VA) and boards, and hook all elements together. Hook up wire is all long grain solid copper.

The chassis is heavy duty made of aluminum and steel. It is very well finished. The top plate was damaged during shipping, nothing major, barely visible. I never bother to replace it. The connectors are high grade audiophile quality.

Specs:

110 Watts RMS continuous sine wave into 8 Ω
180 Watts RMS continuous sine wave into 4 Ω
The HPA-nxV201PS is 2 Ω Stable
Dampening Factor At 100hz 8Ω = 800
Dampening Factor At 1khz 8Ω = 650
Dampening Factor At 10khz 8Ω = 250
RCA Single ended Input impedance 33kΩ
Single Ended Input Gain = 30.6dB
THD+N - Typically 0.002%

This kit cost me a little more than $1400 plus many hours of (passionate) work studying and building it. I'm asking $1150 for the assembled, tested, broken-in and beautifully sounding finished unit.

PS: I'm in the US, the amp is configured for 110-120VAC. But the transformers have dual primaries. They can be re-wired for 220-240VAC.

Click the image to open in full size.

Holton Precision Audio dual mono amp kit using hpa-nxv201ps modulesHide this!Advertise here!