Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Swap Meet Sell your stuff here, who knows, some other fanatic might be interested!

FS: BJT Monoblock Power Amps
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 11th September 2010, 08:13 AM   #1
amc184 is offline amc184  New Zealand
diyAudio Member

Default FS: BJT Monoblock Power Amps

I've just about finished the new stereo power amp I have been working on, so I thought I'd see if there is any interest in my soon to be redundant pair of monoblocks.

I made these to be compact and robust. They use an 80VA toroid and two TIP2955 / 3055 transistor pairs per channel. All the electrolytic capacitors are Nichicon Muse, and the input capacitors are IMB polycarbonates. All resistors are Welwyn, and the PCB is a factory made double layer FR4 type of my own design. I can send anyone interested the schematic and bill of materials, but it's pretty similar to Rodd Elliot's P3 (see here).

Unfortunately, these have transformers with a single 230VAC primary, so are only suitable for 220 / 230 / 240VAC countries, unless you want to use a step up transformer.

I can ship it anywhere in the world, but if you're not in Australasia, it could be expensive.

It cost about USD300 to build these, so I'm looking for offers in the price range. I can include spares of the PCB this amp uses if the new owner wants to build more of them.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg M60a.jpg (68.9 KB, 101 views)
File Type: jpg M60b.jpg (83.0 KB, 97 views)
File Type: jpg M60c.jpg (100.7 KB, 98 views)

FS: BJT Monoblock Power AmpsHide this!Advertise here!