Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Swap Meet Sell your stuff here, who knows, some other fanatic might be interested!

FS: 16 of type 24a tubes, cheap.
FS: 16 of type 24a tubes, cheap.
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 9th September 2010, 09:34 AM   #1
andyjevans is offline andyjevans  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Default FS: 16 of type 24a tubes, cheap.

Type 24a is an early radio tube - well worth using. I'm open to offers of any kind. They are nice tubes but not part of my present plans so need to go. Be brave and try me with an offer! I might accept it! Andy.

Plate curves for the 24A - http://www.mif.pg.gda.pl/homepages/f.../021/2/24A.pdf

Others say: "24 would be an interesting triode. The curves look good, very much like the mesh 27. Some mesh plate pentodes were really really good, so I looked into them. The mesh is just an external screen. Same thing with the 24; the plate is a nice nickel-y tube and the attached screen is mostly along for the ride. A nice tube, and it would be interesting to compare them with a real mesh 27. Used in Japan. Some info here
24A

"Iíve used an Arcturus blue in triode at 180v for years. When you connect screen and plate together, they work in parallel. You will not be spoiling the screen at 150V. A globe 24 in triode is a nice sounder"

FS: 16 of type 24a tubes, cheap.Hide this!Advertise here!