• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Donation Gimmick

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2008
Paid Member
This is just an experiment to see what sort of interest it generates. Is it possible to make a donation to diyAudio without needing to get a PayPal account AND clear out the front hall closet of my tiny apartment at the same time? IOW to sell something and get the buyer to paypal the purchase funds directly to Jason?
The objects for sale are big and/or heavy so I'll only ship to US and Canada (Sorry if anyone feels left out but this is meant to be a low cost, easy to accomplish donation scheme and long distance shipping introduces possibilities I don't want to deal with here.) I can take care of shipping to anywhere in BC Canada but elsewhere in Canada or US I'll ask that buyer pay cost for insured shipping by postal money order.

I want to find homes for a pair of Altec 604-8H drivers, a pair of BMS 4592-ND comp drivers, a pair of DDS 2-60X Pro fiberglass horns, and a lightly spaghettified Marchand XM-26 2 channel active tube crossover set for 800Hz and with an extra set of unused filter cards (if I can find them). The cathode resistors on the Marchand have been replaced with current sinks and resistors in the power supply filter have been replaced by inductors of equal DCR. In order to use the top cover on the XM-26 chassis a little relocating work will have to be done so it's best if the buyer is into doing some mods.

If anybody here is interested in any of these things please let me know. Funds from the first item sold go diyAudio as a donation.
Thanks

Hearinspace, without hesitation, allowed me to try out the drivers at my leisure, in my home. We have now agreed on a price. As you know this is his donation, forwarded by me directly to Jason at diyAudio for the benefit of the site.

Personally, I would like to thank Hearinspace on behalf of diyAudio. Not too often something like this comes around.

Thank you very much. It was really nice to meet and chat with you. I expect it won't be the last time. There seems to be our share of common ground.

And, if you ever miss them and feel the need to visit, you're welcome anytime.

Cheers.

Now I have to go, I hear them calling me. ;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.