• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Free Speaker Cabinet/Sub Boxes & Grills

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
My stuff is all wrapped up from pallet storage.

Primarily, there are 12" single sealed sub cabs in a variety of finishes

12" dual push/pull cabs in black, silver

multidriver surround speaker cabs, small.

Their site at deep surplus has info on all cabs too, as well as (small) pics.

I suggest you simply go! You'll find it worthwhile. BTW, whereabouts in socal?

Is there anyone that could pickup a few items for me and I can come down to pick them up from you? I would REALLY appreciate any help.
I am up in Roseville(Sacramento area) and can't make it down by the time they are going to trash them.
Please pm or e-mail me if you could help.

Thanks for your time,
Donovan

Max flat sealed with this driver, in the single 12" cabs

Creative Sound - Product Details

What do you mean "flat sealed"? What drivers do you guys to plan to use and will they fit?

For the 12" sealed cab, what is the driver hole size, and is there any kind of recessed area for mouting driver frames?

What about the back. Is there a cutout for plate amps or binding posts or?

I might have to ditch work tomorrow to get some goodies, but they are like 70-80 minutes away..

What do you mean "flat sealed"? What drivers do you guys to plan to use and will they fit?

For the 12" sealed cab, what is the driver hole size, and is there any kind of recessed area for mouting driver frames?

What about the back. Is there a cutout for plate amps or binding posts or?

I might have to ditch work tomorrow to get some goodies, but they are like 70-80 minutes away..

Max Flat (Qtc .707) is a sealed box alignment. The recess is 12 1/8" OD, 1/4" deep, and 11" through hole. With the CSS driver some adjustment would be needed. There's a cutout for plate amp but it's not a common size. Someone would need to figure out their own solution. I'm looking at doing a run of these for friends at around 400 per with amp and the linked driver but that's an uncertainty. If you want a complete solution, PM me. I want to make sure these nice cabs don't get dumpsterized but don't need 200 hours of free work making subs on my plate either.

Single driver should be plenty for most people, but I'm nuts so naturally focused on the dual 12" box, which means 8 ohm drivers in parallel with a mono amp, or 4 ohm drivers one on each channel of a stereo amp.

Single driver boxes vary a bit in size, but I suspect all are "close" to 1.5 ft3, and none were ported.

Dual driver box is bigger, but I don't have a good idea on exact size yet. Looks fancy at first, but its a sealed box with two drivers, one of them is facing in, and one facing out, but I don't think that changes any parameters etc.

So are we talking a fairly generic "good" 12" driver and it should be fine?

Anything special required in an amp besides some low end boost (adjustable maybe best) and LOTS of power? I've heard that some of the plates ApexJr has will fit, but I don't know what fits what.

Single driver should be plenty for most people, but I'm nuts so naturally focused on the dual 12" box, which means 8 ohm drivers in parallel with a mono amp, or 4 ohm drivers one on each channel of a stereo amp.

Single driver boxes vary a bit in size, but I suspect all are "close" to 1.5 ft3, and none were ported.

Dual driver box is bigger, but I don't have a good idea on exact size yet. Looks fancy at first, but its a sealed box with two drivers, one of them is facing in, and one facing out, but I don't think that changes any parameters etc.

So are we talking a fairly generic "good" 12" driver and it should be fine?

Anything special required in an amp besides some low end boost (adjustable maybe best) and LOTS of power? I've heard that some of the plates ApexJr has will fit, but I don't know what fits what.

the larger single-sub cabs spec out more to 2 ft^3. The little ones are probably more like 1-1.25 ft^3.

For the driver, you want a moderate to high Qts driver (.4-.5) with a low Fs (30 or less) and Vas (130L range is common), assuming sealed usage.

I started a thread in the Parts section.
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/parts/165134-filling-up-free-m-k-enclosures.html

Despite several books and explanations, and no aversion to math in general, I've never been much of a numbers guy on speakers, more of a buy this one it works type guy. ;)

One of the guys picking up speakers said he was able to get original drivers and some parts from MK Sound, but I haven't gotten any response yet to some questions I emailed to them.

There's a cutout for plate amp but it's not a common size. Someone would need to figure out their own solution. I'm looking at doing a run of these for friends at around 400 per with amp and the linked driver but that's an uncertainty.

Uncommon sized cutout for plate amp is going to be a pain. Either we'll have to find a plate amp to fit in there (likely M+K OEM) or just seal the cutout and use an external amp/crossover..

Anyone still wanting to get these:

There are quite a few center channels left, and a lot of the dual sub boxes.

Most everything else gone or in rough shape. Still worth a trip, the dual sub boxes were the nicest enclosures of all and there are half a dozen pallets worth or more remaining.

Looks like we grabbed the last of the good condition 12" boxes. Also bought some of the 12" "M&K replacement drivers" from them that should fit in the cabinet without having to do woodwork. They're supposed to be better and more sensitive than the original M+K drivers, so at $42/each, what the heck..

I think I picked up the wrong size 2x12 from DeepSurplus, so I would not mind getting the other size if you have one that fits the M&K amp panel I bought.

I'm in City of Orange, so should be easy to work out a time/place I could bring the amp panel and see if it fits one of your boxes. I also lucked out and found Hsu amp panel, about 11"x11" for the plate with screws near the edges, and 9.5"x9.5" for box part that fits inside the enclosure.

My email is "mikeford" the letter z at gmail.com.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.