Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Swap Meet Sell your stuff here, who knows, some other fanatic might be interested!

FS - RadFord WS1 CD Player
FS - RadFord WS1 CD Player
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 23rd October 2009, 03:42 PM   #1
JMPires is offline JMPires  Portugal
diyAudio Member

Default FS - RadFord WS1 CD Player

I have bougth this CDP from Ebay with the following description:

"Radford / Woodside Electronics WS1 CD Player

Classic Audiophile CD Player from the 1980's, when it cost 1000!.

See here for review by Ken Kessler: http://hometheaterreview.com/-radfor...ayer-reviewed/

This item was, at some time, modified slightly in search of the ultimate in sound quality: The power on/off switch has been discarded & by-passed & the CD-tray has been painted green!

The unit has not beed used for some years and needs some attention to the CD drawer mechanism because it often refuses to open.

However, before posting for auction, it was fully checked and is working & sounding fine...one the drawer opened!.

Cosmetically it is in good condition.....apart from the green drawer!"

The drawer is better now. The CDP reads Original CDP's, but have some problems with some CD-R. I already clean up all Laser mechanism and it is better now.

The electronics parts are on very good condition.

This is a CDM1 MKII, if anyone keep the CDP and change the transport with a newer CDM1 MKII or CDM4/11 i think the problem of drawer and CD-R will be fixed.

I also have bougth 2 x LME49710 Audio Opamp - Single version of LM4562, but din't swap yet.

I thought that i can handle this, but i don't have the equipment neither knoledge to work this out.

This is a good project for somenone o know electronic's. Last night it played an original CDP without any problem... but sometimes not.

I payed 180Euros, so i'm loking for it OVNO.

I can send my paypal user to any intererst person see my feedback.

The CDP is in Portugal. For more informations or Pics, please send me PM or jmpmcse (at) hotmail (dot) com

Accept offers or swap with Arcam Diva CDP or other...

Regards
Old 26th October 2009, 07:01 PM   #2
JMPires is offline JMPires  Portugal
diyAudio Member

Anyone
  Reply to this post

FS - RadFord WS1 CD PlayerHide this!Advertise here!