• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS - RadFord WS1 CD Player

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have bougth this CDP from Ebay with the following description:

"Radford / Woodside Electronics WS1 CD Player

Classic Audiophile CD Player from the 1980's, when it cost £1000!.

See here for review by Ken Kessler: http://hometheaterreview.com/-radfor...ayer-reviewed/

This item was, at some time, modified slightly in search of the ultimate in sound quality: The power on/off switch has been discarded & by-passed & the CD-tray has been painted green!

The unit has not beed used for some years and needs some attention to the CD drawer mechanism because it often refuses to open.

However, before posting for auction, it was fully checked and is working & sounding fine...one the drawer opened!.

Cosmetically it is in good condition.....apart from the green drawer!"

The drawer is better now. The CDP reads Original CDP's, but have some problems with some CD-R. I already clean up all Laser mechanism and it is better now.

The electronics parts are on very good condition.

This is a CDM1 MKII, if anyone keep the CDP and change the transport with a newer CDM1 MKII or CDM4/11 i think the problem of drawer and CD-R will be fixed.

I also have bougth 2 x LME49710 Audio Opamp - Single version of LM4562, but din't swap yet.

I thought that i can handle this, but i don't have the equipment neither knoledge to work this out.

This is a good project for somenone o know electronic's. Last night it played an original CDP without any problem... but sometimes not.

I payed 180Euros, so i'm loking for it OVNO.

I can send my paypal user to any intererst person see my feedback.

The CDP is in Portugal. For more informations or Pics, please send me PM or jmpmcse (at) hotmail (dot) com

Accept offers or swap with Arcam Diva CDP or other...

Regards

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.