• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: Allen Model 90 mono tube amplifiers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have decided to let go of a pair of Allen Model 90 tube mono amps.

The Allen Organ Co. manufactured these amplifiers in the late 50's to drive organ speakers but they make for fabulous audio amplifiers. Massive iron and build to last for a lifetime of church organ operation. The model 90's produce 90 watt/ch from a pair of KT88/6550 output tubes along with (2) OD3, (2) 6SN7, (1) 12AY7 and a pair of 5R4 GY rectifier tubes. The 90's weigh a ton and possess quite a large footprint (9"w x 16"L x 9"h) so you need have a good amount of rack space for them.

I run a pair of Allen Model 75's (KT88 for 75 watt/ch) and find them to be outstanding audio amplifiers as many others do also. I had hopes of restoring this pair of 90's but my needs have changed and I am making them available here. I also have the schematic. With re-cap and minimal modification, these would be up and singing in short order.

$ 850 obo
I really trying to avoid the drudgery of ebay so lets talk!

I would be happy to provide more detailed photos and schematic for those interested.

Thanks, RC

Attachments

• Allen 90's.jpg
    Allen 90's.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 416
  • allen 90's 1.jpg
    allen 90's 1.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 400
  • allen 90's 3.jpg
    allen 90's 3.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 387
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.