• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: Sweet!! HP339A Distortion Measurement Set

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
FS: HP339A Distortion Measurement Set Unemployment Blues

I have a really clean 'Fully Operational' HP339A Distortion Set that I must sell.
These widely used and desirable units offer the ease of having all three of the 'tools' to accurately measure THD in a single unit: A distortion analyzer, a frequency oscillator and a dBV meter. This unit 'stands out' in the fact that all the original knobs, dials and connectors are in excellant condition which is usually not the case for amount of use (or misuse) most HP339A's have received. The meter's face, glass and back-mirror are in 'stellar' condition.
Front face has some very minor sticker residue and the single missing knob 'cap' has been replaced since this picture was taken. Will provide a PDF(file and printout) of all available manuals: 'Operation and Service(w/schematics and parts list)' and several 'theory' articles'.
Serial No. 2025A04627 Selling 'with regret' $250. plus FedEx Ground (app $23. Insured - most US locals) Sold 'Working' 'As-Is' 'Guaranteed functional upon arrival'-Buyer ships
Thanks
Charles

Attachments

• HP339A_F1.JPG
    HP339A_F1.JPG
    220.9 KB · Views: 392
  • HP339A_serial.JPG
    HP339A_serial.JPG
    72.3 KB · Views: 370
Too much stuff

Steve; coming from you, I take that as a complement! Like selling an old '50s pickup; finding it a good home helps rationalize what you sold it for. Now I only have (2) HP339A left.
Besides, now I have room to play with rare combo.
Tektronix TM5006 Mainframe with GPIB - SG5010 signal generator and AA501A Distortion analyzer opt1 which can plug into a PC sound card.
and maybe even get it hooked up with this 'unknown' dust collector:
Tektronix TDS360 – Digital Real Time Oscilloscope – Option 013
Dual channel 200MHz GPIB, VGA, RS232

Someone said, "Dude, why don't you just get a good AP" Why? I'm too busy with 'boneyards' to even build an amp to test, go figure!
Charles
:headshot:

Attachments

• PICT1838.JPG
    PICT1838.JPG
    258.2 KB · Views: 250
  • 360.bmp
    24.7 KB · Views: 272
Steve; coming from you, I take that as a complement! Like selling an old '50s pickup; finding it a good home helps rationalize what you sold it for. Now I only have (2) HP339A left.
Besides, now I have room to play with rare combo.
Tektronix TM5006 Mainframe with GPIB - SG5010 signal generator and AA501A Distortion analyzer opt1 which can plug into a PC sound card.
and maybe even get it hooked up with this 'unknown' dust collector:
Tektronix TDS360 – Digital Real Time Oscilloscope – Option 013
Dual channel 200MHz GPIB, VGA, RS232

Someone said, "Dude, why don't you just get a good AP" Why? I'm too busy with 'boneyards' to even build an amp to test, go figure!
Charles
:headshot:

Did you recently picked that up from eBay? There was recently auction on ebay for the same combo with Tek plug in scope and it went for $ 960.
Could you elaborate on plugging the AA5001 to a PC card, please?

Thanks

The Where: The best deals are amongst 'us', Ebay is a 'crap-shoot'

Price cuts- have to get this stuff out!
This last one, the mainframe needs help- the fans spin up, but the modules don't power up- I isolated the problem to the mainframe as I am keeping one setup for myself- what, you didn't think I was selling ALL of it did you?? So you get two high end good modules, GPIB. and a 'frame that needs work or replacement.

1 Tek TM5006 Mainframe with $1000 ------> $680
1 SG5010 signal generator
1 AA501A Distortion analyzer
see:
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/swap-meet/140210-fs-ft-distortion-sets.html#post1776642

The HOW is the big question, I've read and been told that it can be done: whether the results are fruitful is unknown!

I just got the mainframe power supply fixed, shi_ the stack of manuals and schematics on all three units is about 5" high: Just beginning to familiarize myself with the 'plug-ins', so, I'm not really the one to ask. Seems the Opt02 that my AA501A has is a requirement for the optional Functions 'In and Out'; something about "IMD to SMPTE, DIN and CCIF (std for AA5001, opt02 req for the manual but more accurate AA501A)
One thing, the specs on the SG5010 are quite impressive!
The GPIB interfacing may be the 'route' .

There are quite a few various arrangements discussed in this thread:
see
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/pass-labs/91745-distortion-analyzer-recomendations-8.html#post1778433
Not to drop names, but jackinnj is quite the reference for Tek and other units
and I've been meaning to ask 1audio to elaborate on "to good advantage". I only wish I something of their 'know how', I'm learning though, and my bench skills are improving with that!

The TEK distortion analyzers are very good (the same key people went on to start AP). You can use them with a PC to good advantage. without any special fab. or software.
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/pass-labs/91745-distortion-analyzer-recomendations-8.html#post1778433

Best 'Path of Least Resistance' would be to hang a sign :FOR SALE; sure could use the funds now, but what 'fun' would that be.......5" high .pdf stack and all !!
Charles

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.