• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS-Rega Planar 3

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
the cover is fume'

Attachments

• 2009-09-21_204921.jpg
    2009-09-21_204921.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 251
PS I have resolder (mundorf AG) the cheap plastic rega rca (as my wbt is in the NAS)

my suggestion is to put a better one ,but change the rega cable is a better ....under the tonearm there is a little lateral screw ,after you can remuve the gray plastic ,here there is a little pcb where the arm wire is connect to out rca cable .

here there is a little copper string (arm gnd) that is connect to one rca gnd ,you can lift and put a separate wire for arm gnd if you have humm problem ,but I live in place , work fine with the jfet phono

decent cable can be supra EFF-I buy one meter and cut in half;)

Last edited:
ricardo Just remember nice trick at 0$

some unload (0 or max??) the spring for weight and use esternal elettronic balance ,and/or open the lateral of arm and put some wadding (or similar) to avoid resonance of spring.I don't know if work !

I see one detach the motor and put on brass pod ,just under in the same place ,reversible mod.
OR you can do a big hole on the Rega and put the motor in a pod at 7 oclok:p

my suggestion is armageddon psu and/or play with resistor for underVolt the motor ,a lot low resonance !!! My Nottingham start only with hand spinn ...!!!!!!
PS put a caps on power switch ,pop in my system....

I want five star for service after sell:spin::D

Last edited:
Joined 2006
Paid Member
Very good news !

I already have a Rcruzgeddon waiting for it. I was not sure if the rega used the correct type of motor to be able to work at low voltages.... I built the 500VA (220 to 110v) to use with my RD80 (it now needs a hand start but became a really high definition TT).

I will keep you posted on the evolutions :)

Ricardo

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.