• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Quad II OPTs wanted.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Planning to resurrect my dead Quad II amps one day. Everything is there and the chassis look stunning... except that I need new outputs. With cans and all. However, my budget is somewhat limited som I haven't gotten around to actually buying replacements. But I may have something to swap with:

Heavy stuff: Several turntables, Russco Mk V (an american broadcast table, EMT-like quality) - Scientific equipment (vintage, Tektronix, Fluke, signal generators - full of lab grade components and tubes). A Tascam 32 pro reel-to-reel machine from the 90s.

Smaller stuff: Mic transformers of super quality, JS and others in heavy cans for preamps. Tubes - A large number of 12B4A, EF86 NOS. Several boxes of american octals and european novals, ECC types and 12..7 types, as well as vintage 6SN7 6SL7 6AS7 807 6B4G and others. Many are used (but not a lot as they were mostly pulled out of expensive equipment). Nothing Chinese or Russian.

I dont expect an answer right away but I'm keeping the amps until I get my hands on the right OPTs. Get in touch even if you see this in 6 months time. Please respond in a PM or to svarttejp at hotmail.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.