• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

WTB/S/T: Toroidal Transformers - UK

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am looking to purchase or trade for an 18V+18V 160VA toroidal transformer with 230V (2x115V is fine) input.

I already have a 25V+25V 120VA transformer (2x115V input) that I no longer need and am willing to trade. The leads have been shortened and extended, but the transformer runs perfectly and is less than 2 months old.

If no trade, the aforementioned transformer is for sale, reasonable offers only please.

geeee, I've needed a transformer with those ratings for, a long time ago I ordered a transformer that was supposed to be 2x30 volts but I accidentally ordered 2x15 volts. :bawling:

I know for me it would be a rip off to trade it because it costed like $75 and it is rated for 225VA, it is also made by Hammond. :D

You made I smaller mistake than I did, what where you planning on using the 18+18 volt tranny for any ways?, I know for a fact that I really want a tranny with 25+25 volts if it was a slightly higher VA rating I might actually trade it.

Could you post a picture of it? if mine could be of use I can take a picture of it too, the damn thing has been sitting in a box in the work shop for the past four years, and just about all I have in mind for it is to build a class "A" SS amp which would sound very nice with this beast...

I'm looking to build a stereo lm3886 based amp. Using a 2x18v transformer will give me the 40W/ch into 4ohms that I need, so unfortunately a 2x15v is no good to me.

The 18v one I have is just a bog standard generic transformer from Rapid, nothing like your Hammond.

I'm more than happy to sell it, but I think the cost of shipping to Canada would outweigh any benefits on your behalf. Thanks for the interest though!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.