• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: Alnico ~4" Full-range Drivers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I got these to experiment with but never did. I do not know who made them as the only marking is "TK-7A". Both DCR's match at ~7.7-ohms and they have nickel-plated binding posts. Well made, on par with Coral or Foster of early-mid 60's.

$20 plus S&H

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
BTW, some people looking at these might think from the basket & cone that these are a bit cheesy and perhaps not worth the $20, but my take on them is that with those binding posts, and the big alnico slug that these were intended for higher end applications. I suspect whoever gets these will be quite surprised with how good they sound.

I'd guess thse would be a really good mud-tweeter in something akin to the MJK passive OB.

dave

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.