• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Hawthorne Silver Iris 15" coaxial drivers, w/ latest crossovers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Pair of 15" Hawthorne Silver Iris drivers with latest crossovers. They sound great, but they're just too big for my 12x12 room, both physically and sonically.

Functionally, there are no issues to speak of. I've performed the "screenectomy", but the screens are still intact and will be included. The screens could be easily reinstalled with a few dabs of glue around the edge (which is how they were attached at the factory), but IMHO there would be no point as the improvement without them is *not* subtle.

Cosmetically, the drivers themselves are in very good shape. These have been mounted, so there are the typical minor marks around the screw holes on the frames which are not visible behind the screws. Also, thanks to the previous owner, there is some paint on the wooden blocks that the crossover components are mounted to (the components are not affected). The crossovers are not typically visible during normal operation so this is probably a non-issue. In any case, a little scraping/sanding would probably restore them to their original state.

I'll throw in the screws and T-nuts I used for mounting the drivers.

Asking $200 + shipping. Please contact me with zip code for shipping estimate.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.