• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Complete SimpleSE Tube Speaker Amp (DIY)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
One thing has become abundantly clear to me over the past couple of years and that is that I have a lot of trouble getting motivated for the next project when I have something that provides the same "service". And as wonderful as the Simple is I bought the parts on a whim and was already well into another speaker amp project. So, I'm at least considering the sale of this thing and will probably let it go to the right buyer for the right price.

The basic construction of the amp is as follows: single pair of RCA's for the input wired to an Alps RK27 pot. All of the iron (3 trafos and choke) are custom Electraprint units that as a group cost ~$600 by themselves. The PCB is stuffed with all premium parts including Riken, Holco and PRP resistors, Elna Silmic II's and Mundorph M-caps (silver) and nice teflon tube sockets from Parts Connexion. What makes this build a bit more unique is it's use of all film caps in the power supply in the form of [2] 100uF ASC caps and [2] 22uF Solens. Everything is housed in a gray painted Hammond steel chassis that is more functional than pretty but manages to at least look decent in my book. Finally as it sits right now it is wired for simple triode mode which means that it is good for ~5 to 8W/ch depending on tube compliment. It could be re-wired for Ultralinear mode bringing the output up to roughly double where it sits right now. The sale would include [2] rectifier tubes (5AR4 and 5U4), ~10 input tubes ([2] KenRad 12AT7, various others) and 3 sets of output tubes (GL KT88s, JJ 6L6GCs, EH EL34s). The tubes alone are worth $200+.

Pictures (more or detailed available at request)
107446328.jpg

107264487.jpg

Please note - the amp currently does not have a bottom cover or feet. A solution to this will be worked out with the buyer prior to shipping. Speaking of which shipping is going to be somewhat of an issue with this boat anchor. I'd estimate the weight in the range of 50lbs and it's going to require double boxing by someone other than me. Local pickup or meeting nearby is a possibility.

Asking price is $1100 + shipping and fees (M.O. might work best here). This is less than what I have into the amp in just parts and tubes. I will also provide links to feedback profiles if folks have concerns about dealing with me.

Please email with any questions or offers.

Nate

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.