• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Full size 142Hz round tractrix horns

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am putting this pair of 142Hz full size tractrix horns up for sale. These were commissioned in the Winter of 2005. The original purchaser never took possession and they sat in storage for over 2 years. A secondary purchaser contacted me in the Fall of 2008. However, they never showed up to take possession either. Therefore, here is your chance to get a rare pair of my solid MDF turned horns at a substantial discount. They can be provided with either B&C 8PE21-16, or Fane Studio 8M woofers. Both are 16 ohms. The third choice is the Faital M5N12-80 woofers. They are 12 ohm woofers.

The Studio 8M woofers have the highest sensitivity at 108dB with 1W@1M in half space. The Studio 8M has a more in your face tone that can liven up many old recordings.

The 8PE21-16 has a more laid back and smooth sound with a sensitivity of 104dB with 1W@1M. This is a good all around choice for overly bright music types.

The Faital M5N12-80 is the most focused sounding and can be crossed higher than the other 8” woofers. Its sensitivity is 105dB with 1W@1M. Since it is a 5” woofer there is much less throat interference with this over the 8” woofers. It has a very full sound that is ever so slightly tilted up in the highs. This is ideal for off-axis listening. This would be my personal pick, but that is up to you.

The in room response is good down to 135Hz with the Faital woofers and 115Hz with either 8” woofer. This is due to the higher Fs of the Faital woofer. With the 8” woofers the rear chamber volume is adjustable to get the lowest frequency available from the horn. Each horn weighs 180 lbs. and is 30.5” across the mouth, 34” deep, and 12.5” across the rear woofer chamber.

The asking price for the pair with woofers is $2500. I will accept PayPal if 3% is added to cover the service fees. Negotiations will be considered. Just contact me and we can discuss it. I prefer local pick-up for obvious reasons. (This is a good excuse for a road trip, if not) I will consider shipping if all the details are handled by you. I will pack both horns on a standard sized shipping skid. Shipping weight would be about 380 lbs. No international sales will be considered. If you have any questions feel free to contact me.

Rgs, JLH

l_ea64bab7ae1da9f3a56fc7be1e46fe7b.jpg

l_2ce52b733842bc67831527f29fa08712.jpg

l_1daf7807634f14a17c3f7c5ec2c950fa.jpg

l_4225793a7582200684a7079fd34e1ca3.jpg

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.