• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Large caps

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
After returning to the task of cleaning the attic, an unexpected find which may be good for anyone that needs big can caps, I found a case of these:

Nippon Chemicon U32D series, 68000uF/50v, 105c

ESR is 6mOhm, 30A ripple, ~2.5" dia x ~4" tall, ~1lb each

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

I'm selling them in pairs, I don't have clamps, but I do have the screws and anti-shake washers.

I'm asking $25 for 2, $45 for 4, $80 for 8. We should negotiate if anyone wants more than 8...

Email me if you want the datasheet.

Shipping at cost, to any reasonable place. Shipping cost will of course depend on how many, how fast etc. I'm happy to ship via any normal means (USPS, fedex, UPS etc). If you want insurance beyond the default you pay for it, if you don't want it you accept the possible risk. I'll accept any means of payment, but nothing will leave until payment has cleared my account, I prefer Paypal.

Disabled Account
Joined 2007
You're killing me here! I want some but I've been burning up too much cash on this stuff lately.
I've used up most of the other caps I bought from you last year - excellent deal and perfect condition. In a few weeks my conscience will clear enough to take a few - how many do you have?

BTW, I think that's a great price. :)

These are pretty big

Alan,

I haven't seen Peters boards, if you can post a link I'll look.

They are screw terminal caps, which can work with a PCB, but normally they are connected via flying leads or bus bars. There is another type of cap, called "snap-on" that has 2, 3 or 4 solder terminals, specifically for board mounting, but physically these are quite a lot smaller, both in physical size and capacity.

HTH

Stuart

Re: These are pretty big

Stuart Easson said:
Alan,

I haven't seen Peters boards, if you can post a link I'll look.

They are screw terminal caps, which can work with a PCB, but normally they are connected via flying leads or bus bars. There is another type of cap, called "snap-on" that has 2, 3 or 4 solder terminals, specifically for board mounting, but physically these are quite a lot smaller, both in physical size and capacity.

HTH

Stuart

Stuart - you said you had the data sheet - if you send it I can work out how well they would fit.

Alan

I'm not foreign, I'm British

I'm English, but I live in Santa Cruz, California.

Assuming it's of interest, I just priced sending these things to England. It looks like (as in, unconfirmed in person) I can send up to 4 of them in a priority mail bag for $13. The limit is 4lbs, and since these are just under a pound, there won't be much packing...but this seems like a pretty good price.

HTH

Stuart

On the way

All the ordered caps are on the way.

The post office is not willing to let me put these in the flat rate envelope, the result is too lumpy. I can however ship 16 (max) in a flat rate box to England for ~$40, which per cap still makes for quite a bargain.

IIRC I have ~16 remaining.

happy building

Stuart

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.