• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

planet10-hifi, clearance of a few R&D pairs of EnABLed drivers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Hi,

Over the last couple years we have collected a few sets of development drivers. The shelf space is needed, time to pass them on to someone who will use them. PayPal preferred, prices in USD do not include postage:

4/ FF165k $115/pr SOLD

cone treatment including EnABL (natural w grey), basket stiffening

This is the driver that Godzilla really likes in his BIBs (his drivers are stock). They lived in a set of Cain & Cain Abbys for awhile where they outperformed both stock FF165k & FE166e (driven by a DRD45)

FF165k.jpg

1/ FE127e $100/pr SOLD

cone treatment including EnABL (natural w Brown), basket stiffening, phase plugs (i need to EnABL a fresh set of plugs, choice of black or natural alder), matched

These drivers gain a tiny amount of definition in the mids, but are much easier to bottom out than a capped pair if used full-range, they make a superb midrange or mid/tweeter

pluggedFE127eN.jpg

2/ FF125k $80/pr SOLD

cone treatment including EnABL (natural w Black), basket stiffening

These can be used in pretty much the same cabinets as a pair of FE126, in the Frugel-Horn they produce more bass, in Brynn they have the same caveats wrt series R as the FE126, should perforn really well in an inverted BIB.

These were very useful in working out the last details of the F120A, FX120 mods.

FF125k.jpg

3/ FE108eS $115/pr SOLD

cone treatment including EnABL (natural w Black), phase plugs (can't remember the colour, black or natural arbutus, i'll get these back in my hands in the next couple days -- you could probably talk me into doing whatever colour you prefer if they aren't already that).

These are the exact same pair featured in the extreme basket tricks thread.

Superb thru the midrange, they probably suffer from the same LF caveats as the FE127 in #1, but we always used them in a horn and we never had issues, these are the same drivers that in Aiko TerryO paid some major compliments. He heard them only partially treated.

5/ there may be a set of FE207eN, there is currently a hold on them. SOLD

dave

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.