• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Fostex FE208 Sigma Drivers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
If you really need these specific drivers, yes! I bought them from oaktsh. They are wonderful drivers, very different from the FE207E and FE206E. I have since moved down to 4.5" drivers because my room is small. Are you building the Replikon or Basszilla or something?

Also, please note these are the original FE208-Sigmas, with the accordion surround (a.k.a. the W-shaped surround) and whizzer, and cream-colored cone -- not the FE208E-Sigmas (which need a tweeter). I'm not dying to sell them but if you need them, I will accomodate a DIY'er on a mission. :)

Thanks for your responses, openness and honesty. :)

I'm not on a mission but I am researching. Right now my speakers don't cut it but I don't have a lot of money to spend. I'm looking at various speaker options such as fullrange drivers, open baffle speakers, dipole, etc. The fosteks caught my eye and thought I'd ask. Right now I'm leaning towards some smaller full-range drivers, such as CSS FR125 transmission lines or something like that.

I'm also building an integrated amp based on the MyRef by Mauro w/ a Nelson Pass B1 passive section. :xeye: :cool:

Hi marc, there are lots of options out there. The only reason to use the FE208-Sigma would be to build one of the few cabs that really requires it (hello from Captain Obvious).

A smaller TL sounds like a good way to go! I like the Fostex FE127E at the moment but you could hardly go wrong with the CSS FR125. I wish you good luck and I hope you will post pics over in the Loudspeakers > Fullrange area. I'd love to see what you build. :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.