• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: Hawthorneaudio Silver IRIS 15" coax drivers UK

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi.I have two drivers for sale, with modified XO's and some small baffles (dificult to post) and huge unfinished baffles (no post).Pics on reguest.Drivers with XO's are £250,postage around £20-£30.
I stay in Douglas, LANARKSHIRE. near Glasgow-Edinburgh.

Would prefer local pick up, but can travel halfway up to 80miles. ;)

Send me a pm and we can arange something.

Danny

dublin78 said:
What are the modified XOs?
How do they differ from the originals?
The shipping is your issue, I fear.
No offense, man.

You dont understand me.The drivers are in UK, near Glasgow.I will only post the drivers, but whoever is willing to pick it up, i will sell the baffles as well.It would just bring the cost to high with posting the baffles.
The XO's specs (as modified by hawthorneaudio forum member and previous owner Steve Colins) :

The XOs are modified by Steve, so ask him for more info as i cant remember them.----->

Hi Danny..
Regarding the quote above these SI's were delivered with the original Eminence crossover. This was at the time when HG Dave was just finalising the current crossover that is supplied stock. What I did was to use the circuit diagram that Dave posted to build my version and components used in each were air core wire inductors from IPL Acoustics, Kiwame 5W resistors, 10uf Mundorf Supreme and 6.8uf Mundorf Silver in oil capacitors. The components leads are all pressure joined using brass bolts/nuts. The drive units themselves were not modified at all.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.