• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

WTB: Eichmann bullet RCA connectors or equal.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
talk to an Eichmann dealer.

They can bring the plugs in, in bulk. There is a 40 piece minimum. There may be some conditions tied to the purchase, so see the dealer first and ask.

Any members who ask, NO, there is no way you can get together and do a 'bulk purchase'. It will -not- slip by. The distributors and Eichmann pay close attention.

And that's the end of that dealer.

When they go to order again, the distributor is simply 'out of stock'. End of that.

It's a little legal precedent called 'The Colgate decision'.

It prevents total slimebags like Walmart from killing 'fair competition' by trying to literally KILL their competition out of the business..while they ruin a given product and it's distribution...in the attempt.

There's a big difference between fair and a-hole...as after all, you are entering an agreement when you decide to sell (represent) a product. Avenues should be there for the creators and distributors of the product--to protect themselves. The 'Colgate Decision' created that salient point.

WalMart tried to bury their local competition in the toothpaste market by buying Colgate toothpaste and selling it WAY below cost. It was destroying Colgate's market and market share.

Colgate stopped shipping to Walmart.

Walmart Sued them.

The judge told Walmart that they would force Colgate to sell to them. But..the judge told Colgate that they could manufacture to 'monthly quotas'..and simply be 'out of stock' every time Walmart's order sheets came around.

And that was the end of WalMart's a-hole phase in the toothpaste market.

Sometimes, when attempting to buy a given item in bulk, you have to meet quite a few conditions.

In this case, I think it would be best to talk to a dealer and buy many of the boxed sets (of 4) at an agreed upon price.

I said that about him, not about some dealer. Also, it would have to be proved that it was killing the other dealers. They would have to be big enough, buy enough and be well known enough for basically everyone to buy through them.

Selling below MSRP in general does not qualify for any of that that you mentioned.

I certainly did not mean to start any sort of argument, just saying that he could buy more than he needs and legally sell the rest (given reasonable quantity and price) for whatever he wanted.

sort of. I suspect he'll only be able to buy the boxed sets of four, and then buy the 6 sets he needs. I suspect he can get a decent price on the 6. Bulk purchasing requires being a qualified manufacturer. Methinks I never should have mentioned this in the first place. :)

As for the original post, I feel there is no equal to the Eichmann's. Nothing. Otherwise--I'd be using them.

Hey hey, stop here and whait !

I just whant to buy a set of good connectors here for my own use in my own system. I do not intend to arange some sort of bulk buy or group buy, and putting some dealer out of business.
I have a great mix of cables (diy and others) today, so I just whant to replace them all by solder some new ones.
And I have 12 paris of connectors in my system today.
The reasons for puting up the amount of connectors was to show that it could be worth some effort, like abroad purchase, to get a fair prize.
The idea was not to get any favours or crossing any dealer disscount regulations, just find the best prize for some connectors.
All eichmann retailers don´t charge same price for the bullet connectors, so I just whant to have some advice where to get a fair honest prize.
All questions is not ment to cheat, or rise questions about dealer or trading regulations.
Relax
/Pix
Sweden

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.