• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Weston 981 III Tube Tester - Recently Checked and Calibrated $479 obo

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Very nice Weston 981 Type III tube tester that has recently returned from check up/calibration by Roger Kennedy (March 2008).

Tests for Mutual Transconductance. Tests most audio tubes. Top quality tester. The famous Heathkit TT-1A tester is based off of the 981.

Photos can be seen at my corresponding Audiogon ad (http://cls.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?accstube&1214919747). When I get a chance, I will try to post a link to the full res pictures.

This tester is in very nice physical condition. The roll chart moves very easily except at the ends where it gets a bit tight. The only real wear is on the leakage test dial. Still has a ‘Gibson Refrigerator Company’ metal tag on it.

I have a copy of the manual (which is also available online).

I hate selling this, but I have my Hickok 580A back and don’t need both testers.

I can provide additional pictures or info on request.

GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS

Please note that this item is being sold ‘AS IS’; however, I will guarantee against DOA.

Money order/cashiers check/personal check preferred, but all must clear my bank first. I also accept Paypal for convenience (but add 3.1% to the total).

Trade value might be considered as well. I don’t have any specific needs, but possibly something will catch my interest.

I am willing to ship globally but, outside of the USA and Canada, more stringent payment and shipping conditions apply. In any case, the buyer is responsible for all shipping charges.

Please check my feedback on Audiogon, Videogon and Ebay (ID=baileyler) and buy with confidence.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.