• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Opera Reference KT-88 tube amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This lush amp with a very non-tubey bottom end is available in Pittsburgh PA, or near Baltimore/Harrisburg/Philly. I could be persuaded to ship. This amp retails for $2500.

Things this sounds better than in direct comparison: (as much as I like them....) Sophia Electric Baby & El34, Odyssey Khartago, various gainclones, Onix SP3.

New completely new matched quad of JJ kt-88's (~$250).

Sounds great. Beautiful cherry wood on top. Massive trasformers (~50lbs). Only a couple of hard to see scratches on the front plate. UPS caused an internal injury to this and I had to have the power button/assembly repaired ($230 repair receipt available). I'm extremely busy, but if you're a serious buyer, stop buy for an audition.

Reviews:
TNT Audio
Quest for Sound
Inner Ear

From the reviews: "One more quality of the 6.6 is its good attitude for well-developed holographic dimensions. In particular, I was pleasantly surprised by the height, but neither the depth nor lateral dimensions showed any noticeable limitations either. This holography even if it does not show extremely marked chiaroscuro, features a good overall level of air, leading to a pleasant interpretative breath."

Yeah, it sounds really nice.

Specifications:
Nominal Output Power: 25 watt, RMS 1kHz
Frequency response: (-3dB @ 10 watt) 6Hz-60kHz
Input sensitivity: 180mV
Input Impedance: 100k ohms
Output Impedance 4-8 ohms Selectable.
Signal to Noise ratio: 90dB
Power consumption: 90watt
Tubes: KT88 x 4, 12AU7 x 2, 12AX7 x 2
Dimensions: 470 (L) x400 (W) x250(H)mm
( 18.50 x 15.75 x 8.84 in )

if you've got gainclones, usb dacs, usher woofers, BG neo3's or something cool to trade, shoot me an email. Looking for $1100 obo

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.