• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

WTT: I have TB 4" and Tympany 1" for TT cartridge?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi!

Would anyone be interested in a trade? My kids' new kitten decided to drag my tonearm across the platter and rip my stylus out! Anyway I have to replace the cartridge and I figured I'd try this before I ran out and bought a new one. No, I'm not looking for some top end cartridge, just something decent.

I'll trade a pair of these

and a pair of these

the tweets are new bulk and the mids are nice - but appear to have been mounted. The actual part # is W4-1052SA. No factory packaging on any.

Grados need not apply, I have a rega. Lemme know if it works for you!

Geez I know of no plans...

I would imagine there would be good support here on the mid - it's pretty popular and has a solid following. The tweet seems a good match too, slightly more sensitive. Both are '4 ohm' drivers and both don't affect my CRT screen. I'd use them but I'm into much bigger stuff right now....

edit:

a grand total of 1 hour on it.

he he, you hated it that much, huh?

I've 'run the gamut'!

I even removed the arm and used it as a wand. The hum is a result of proximity to the motor. Definitely radiated. Maybe the motor has an issue ... dunno?

The tt has a Linn Basik plus mounted.

The cartridge that I just 'broke' was a grado black. In terms of grado I won't go higher than the blue (pricewise and risk) and the blue is just a better black. I'd certainly like to try something else....

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
mpmarino said:
The tt has a Linn Basik plus mounted.

Same as mine... i'd be using one of my black grados (probably an F1+ if someone hadn't gifted me a Garrott P77 (swaps/trade/bribes have kept the table to $100 expenditure so far and i'd be able to recoup that if i could find the Jelso that was originally on it.

At some point i'm going to rebuild it to accomodate 2 arms (have a nice S-arm off a high faluting Technics TT) attachment is now (i do need to dust it)

dave

Attachments

• rega-dust-cover.jpg
    rega-dust-cover.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 127
mpmarino said:

he he, you hated it that much, huh?

It's actually not that bad of a cartridge, I bought it so I could test the turntables I've been rebuilding. It's been mounted 3 or 4 times and ran for a track or two then taken back off.

Before I sell a deck, I usually speak with the buyer about what cartridge they'd like mounted, and after I tell them how much a cartridge is going to cost them for their $100 deck...

well... they choose the grado black almost everytime (It's the cheapest cart that I'll let them choose)

wait: my father in law preferred the oyster over the black. so, that's one sold.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.