• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Teres platter and bearing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Decided to sell my Teres bearing and acrylic platter.

Looking for $650 plus shipping and paypal fees.

A couple of years ago, I bought an acrylic Teres platter and bearing on Audiogon. I was planning to build a DIY Teres, but it has not happened yet, does not look like its going to happen.

I paid $650 for it. At the time, I emailed Teres, and they said it could be upgraded to the lead filled version, for a fee. I probably still have the email, but I am not sure if they would still upgrade it or not, they don't even offer acrylic platters anymore.
Seems like they still sell bearings, but you can't just buy a platter and bearing anymore. I am a little hesitant to sell this, if I sell it, I probably could not replace it, and would never be able to build a DIY Teres TT. But, its been here a couple of years with no progress, and I want to raise some money for other toys.

Pics here
http://www.audiocircle.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=1814

You will get exactly what is in these pictures.
At some point, I lost the oil, so you would have to provide your own.

So, if you ever wanted to build a Teres, here's your chance, the current "entry" level Teres is over $4000 now.

Thanks for looking

Randy

Status
Not open for further replies.