• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: Fostex FE206E (Decware modified) backloaded horn with Karlson Slot $299

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Must pick up in california, the SF bay area.

An awesome sounding horn - if your room is big enough to accomodate them. Great bass... no need for a sub. Made of unfinished birch ply. They need to be sanded and stained or painted. They have Decware modified Fostex FE206E drivers which cost me $300.... so basically you get the cabinets for FREE! I'm moving out of the country and need to get rid of them, hence the awesome price. If you're looking for speakers to mate with your low power tube amp, and you're in the bay area, you *must* hear these. They are the best sounding speakers I have ever owned - and I've owned back-horns costing over $2K!!! I was using Decware TABOO tube amp and Decware CSP preamp with them (which I also just recently sold)...

bsbaker37@yahoo.com (Brad)

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

to be clearer... after putting them together, I did not do any finish work. No sanding... there are blemishes on the edges of the wood from the router and/or table saw. But again, if you prefer sound over looks, or don't mind doing the finishing work... sanding and staining/painting. You get an awesome pair of speakers at an incredible price! and you don't have to do any major woodworking.

just want to make clear what is being offered...

If you want to see the details of the design (I built them, I didn't design them)... It's on the picture galllery for user RCAFan...

http://gallery.audioasylum.com/cgi/view.mpl?UserImages=21168

gi.mpl

gi.mpl

gi.mpl

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.