• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

BG Ribbons for sale, 3x RD50's, 3x RD28.1's

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
i have a bunch of BG drivers for sale. a friend pulled them from an installation and the customer didn't want them anymore. they are in used condition, but ive tested them out and they seem to function just fine. for a little background, i am an official BG dealer, and i own a pair of BG speakers, so i know how they should sound, and these ARE fine.

however, because they are used, i can only guarantee them to be working upon delivery, no warranty beyond that. anyways, here is what i have:

(3) BG RD50
(3) BG RD28.1
(2) crossovers

the crossovers appear to be hand-built. they seem to be right in line with BG's recommended crossover with notch filter. here is a good website talking about the crossover and such:

http://www.snippets.org/audio/library/ribbonFAQ.htm

the crossovers will goto whoever wants them, first come, first serve. they would be a good starting point for testing, but maybe not the best for actual use. they have air-core inductors, dayton caps, and dale resistors. they are 'ok, but you could probably do better. and also not sure of the values either.

im not really sure what the 28.1's sold for when new, but im guessing a couple hundred or so. the RD50's sell for around $600. make me an offer, or if someone could give me an idea what they are worth. since i have 3 of each, i would prefer if someone bought all three, instead of just a pair, since using a RD50 for a center channel is a bit insane. email me and we'll figure something out!

my camera is a bit flakey right now, but if you want pics, i can get them. however, they look just like any other picture you've seen of them, so please only request a picture if you are serious about buying them.

right now, i will only sell to US buyers, they are pretty heavy, and shipping overseas can be a pain. paypal, check, money order, etc.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.