• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Toshiba 2sk370 and 2sj108

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
helo I am arranging deal with theese mosfets. however I must buy 2000pieces at least. total price would be

2sk370 GR(F) 0.46eur/piece
2sj108 GR(F) 0.76eur/piece

is this good price to buy big qty? is there would be interest to buy- I definately would not need all of them for my projects.
I also hoping 2000piece is good to mach them idealy.

greetings

Hi,
gr, bl, v gradings are listed in the datasheet.
It would be nice if they could sell you equal quantities of each grade in your 2000piece order. That would give you 4000pieces in all three grades.
Then you could offer matched pairs in any grade and sell off the unmatched at the original cost+postage overhead. or sell off batches of 50 and let the purchaser try to find a few matched pairs.

What does the (F) mean?

BTW,
0.46 & 0.76euro does not sound attractive for 2000pieces.

unfortunately my suplier in Japan only can offer gr-f ranking, they said V and bl is not available anymore. anybody know what is physical diferences between theese versions? in datasheet only max current is higher.

I will purchuase gr f versions anyway, if you will need some I can gladly ship for free. I am planing to complete order from japan in nearest month.

it is not in my competention to say this, out there much more professionals whichknows better , however I would say GR F ranking should have adequate dissipation and current and for drive f4 end .

korben and tarasque keep updated , I will let know when transistor will arrive. I think I will sell/trade them in hundreds (it is posible to mach when hundred is available) or try to mach all 2000 by myself :eek: if I will have enought time for that.

You guys are going to a lot of trouble for nothing. The Japanese transistor numbering system is different from the US system. With the Japanese system, the exact same part in a different package is given a different number.

The 2SJ108 is the EXACT SAME PART as the much more readily available 2SJ74.

The 2SK370 is THE EXACT SAME PART as the much more readily available 2SK170.

The only difference is the package. The hard-to-get versions are in a smaller physical package and will only dissipate 200 mW. The easy-to-get versions are in a standard TO-92 package and will dissipate 400 mW.

jacco vermeulen said:
Mr Hansen,

nice to see you pop up again, welcome back.
Wishing you a less bumpier ride for at least a decade.

Thank you for the kind wishes. I am still in a wheelchair with a great deal of pain. I am working from my house, but only part-time. I am starting a new therapy which is not widely used in the US, but more commonly so in Europe, called Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT). It works miracles with brain injuries (traumatic brain injury, stroke, cerebral palsy, et cetera). It's not so clear that it will help with my spinal cord injury, but it is worth trying.

I haven't been posting so much lately. About a year ago there were some disagreements about what posts were appropriate and what posts weren't. Many of my colleagues were banished. I escaped that fate, but my posts must be approved by a moderator before they are published.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Charles,
I'm very sorry to hear of your accident. I wish you the best here.

We are in a similar situation, but I'm not so bad. I can well imagine being stuck in a wheelchair does not help your pain. I can't stay sitting or standing very long. They finally put me on Oxycontin with perq's for breakthrough pain. It just dulls the pain but I can at least function a little.

It sounds like the Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy would have helped. Oh well.

Are you expected to recover fully (I hope)?

Best wishes and a warm welcome back.

-Chris

Mr Hansen,

a few overhere are missing the presence of another of your professional collegues for the last couple of weeks.
Probably a lot of the same types who figured 2 decades ago it would be nice to have a chance to get to talk to a designer of one of few loudspeakers which are able to keep up to pace with an ESL.
What's to say, untill i actively blended in this club i wasn't exactly sure what virtual reality was, now i do.

I also have a membership during life pass of the global society of the ex-comatose, damaged nerves and spinal cord types, akfb formerly heavily into wheelchairs, crutches and 24/7 pill swallowing for a jiffy.
24-hour pains drain a lot of energy, would be quite a bummer without medication.
It's my philosophy that smart ones are generally stubborn people, and being stubborn makes a difference.
I've just asked mrs downstairs about HBOT, she's an expert in renovation work, there's indeed also some experimentation with HBOT going on in these parts.
The new thermaltrack design is overwhelming, btw.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Jacco,
Too many of us around here. Is this place jinxed by chance? ;)

It takes a stubborn person to go their own way and design anything. It also takes a stubborn person to recover from an accident. I didn't know you were also injured Jacco. Wishing you the best sir.

-Chris

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.