• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

RANE RPM 26z digital crossover

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Selling this on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190103742389

I hate to see it go, but it's been sitting in the closet for over a year now. The second music-only system is just never going to happen.

This is a great unit. Functionality of the DCX2496 and then some, but with a very clever way to control volume control. A single 10k ohm pot can be used to control ALL SIX output levels. No need to create your own volume control!

AES/EBU digital input as well as analog input. I will toss in a Canare impedance transformer if you'd like to convert from a consumer coaxial digital output to AES/EBU.

Fairly ridiculous number of possibilities with this thing. Parametric EQs, delays, XO's (several types), and on and on.

These are around $1000 new.

i'm not quite sure i understand what you're asking. the simplest thing is to wire a single 10k linear pot to the VIP connections in the back. it's that simple, and it controls all six channels together.

in my case i had a remote controlled volume control in a denon cd player. i swapped the pot out to a linear 10k ohm pot, and ran wires out the back of the cd player to connect to the Rane. that worked great. i was using the coaxial digital output, then through a canare impedance transformer to step up to AES/EBU. so i didn't need the internal volume control in the cd player.

did i clear this up, or just further muddy the waters?

- Robert

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.