Folding a Bass Horn

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Recently, I've been interested in trying to learn how to design a horn loaded sub. And, while I'm not the best at it yet, I'm starting to pick it up. However, I have a hard time visualizing what a straight horn from Hornresp will look like if folded, so I don't really know if I'm hitting any self imposed size constraints.

The biggest problem is, how the heck do you fold a horn? I've only seen one good way of doing it link , but I don't have AutoCAD and even if I did, I doubt I could manage to use it correctly. So does anybody have any advice on a quick way to fold a bass horn? Preferably, digitally on the computer (I change designs way too fast to want to try to do it all on paper).

From what I can tell, the program looks like it would be very useful. However, I'm having a couple of problems with it. First, every time I try to change the values in the boxes, I get a message telling me the number is not valid and a red exclamation point shows up. Second, if I just select the box and move on without changing any values, the decimal place disappears and I suddenly have a driver with a qts of 380! Lastly, if I select the "Calculation Step" box, I get an unhanded exception error.

If you need any sort of system data about my computer in order to aid me in finding the solution to this problem. I would greatly appreciate the help as it seems as though your program is exactly what I'm looking for.

Thanks

Whatamess

Sorry bout that. It's not your system but my coding that is the problem.

I live in Denmark and we use comma as decimalpoint instead of a dot. I shall look into it as soon as possible & let you know. Also I have to take precautions about calculation step equals zero. In this case the program keeps calculating the first point of the horn and eats up your memory :whazzat:

I've been thinking about how to fold a horn as well, tried downloading your program but for some reason, it doesn't work, I get the 5kb cahd.application but clicking on it only says:

cannot download the application. The application is missing required files. Contact application vendor for assistance.

I'm running Windows XP and do have .NET 2.0 installed. Also setup.exe does exactly the same... Seems like it is trying to download something from my desktop (that's where I saved the cahd.application)...

From the error log:

Following failure messages were detected:
+ Downloading file:///C:/Documents and Settings/[myusername]/Desktop/Cahd_1_0_0_8/Cahd.exe.manifest did not succeed.
+ Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Documents and Settings\[myusername]\Desktop\Cahd_1_0_0_8\Cahd.exe.manifest'.

Hello!

Id like to build a horn bass speaker, but I dont know where to start.Do I need to tell TS parameters as I had to when i was building bass-reflex/sealed design or just start with "rules of tumb"?

Ive been reading some stuff on "http://www.quarter-wave.com",but no success...just too high-tech

And this is the speaker; RCF L15-542

best regards

Finally had the time and inspiration to explore your program some more, pk.

A suggestion, draw lines to distinguish the different sections of the horn, dashed lines or something..

Does the white center line turning to grey mean that I have reached the throat of the horn?

CahD update

I have added parting lines to indicate where labyrinth_circles end. I changed integer parameter "Horn splits" into a floatingpoint general "Area factor" and added a general "Length factor".

If you intend to split up the horn in two, you simply set "Area factor" = 0,5. If you want to get a standard one_labyrinth horn, true to the equations, just keep both factors as 1,0.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.