repairing scratch in foam surround

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi all........just wondering if you can fix foam surrounds at all without replacement............l was installing some new sub drivers the other day and one of the screws slipped sideways and l hit the foam surround slightly causing a slight scratch in it...:(

l'm concerned over time this might tear open with the surround flexing....is there any glue l could use on this at all??.....any help would be appreciated as l got these from overseas and dont want to have to get a kit if l dont have to........cheers ken

sreten said:
Hi,

If the foam is split use a small amount of something like "copydex" to close it.

thanks......yeah it's not split....just a a small scratch,but over time might get worse .....so l'll check out this stuff and some others too that have been recommended.thanks again

http://www.ryman.co.uk/Copydex-Adhesive-with-brush-125ml-Bottle-0625102293.asp

:)/sreten.

Cal Weldon [/i] [B]And remember to encircle the screw with your hand (make a fist around) to avoid this in the future. Sorry you had to learn the hard way. Good luck with the repair [/B][/QUOTE] LOL.yeah my bad.......l've installed drivers before and should've known better.......cheers ken [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by jleaman said:
I use clear silicone. Works well. :D

l'll look into this as well.....guess l'm just concerned on what might react with the surround material....cheers ken

kesa32 said:

LOL.yeah my bad.......l've installed drivers before and should've known better.......cheers ken

l'll look into this as well.....guess l'm just concerned on what might react with the surround material....cheers ken

The reason i use silicon is because it wont harden or crack It remains flexible A little stiffer than the foam but if you use a small amount of it on the rear of the surround it should be fine.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.