XXLS 10" Ported Sub

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have searched Internet trying to find someone who has used XXLS in ported application as suggested in Peerless homepage - but I could not find anyone tried that yet. Perhaps because XXLS is rather new.

http://www.tymphany.com/datasheet/appview.php?id=26

At this moment I have Scanspeak 8656 10" in 60L sealed, but, my XO is rather low (XO=80Hz) and for that application I suspect the are more suitable heavy duty elements around. XXLS 10" will fit in to small box which means I could re-use my exisitng enclosures (made by concrete) even when changing from S-S sealed, to XXLS ported.

Peerless also have XXLS-versions for sealed but, it seems they require liitle bit larger box than 60L

Anyway, I am concerned whether one of those XXLS would be good enough for Music, to match with my mains (Fostex F200A sealed)

So, do you think I'd better stick with my S-S woofers, or would the XXLS be a good idea - any comments?

LageB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.