New Tang Band is BUSTED!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Thanks for the heads up. No problem with mine but I did have something I thought was wrong. While testing the woofer and passive set-up, I neglected to pin the wires out of the way and it actually came in contact with the back of the PR causing a disturbing little buzz. So after pulling the woofer to find nothing wrong, decided to get my face right in there and found out what it was. What a relief. Wires up out of the way and voila, no problemo. Sorry to hear of your misfortune.

I have to thank Parts Express for handling my problem with absolute diplomacy and professionalizm!

I called today and explain i have had the sub for about a week and the problem. I asked for an advance replacment to help speed the proccess up. The gentleman that handled my call explained that they normally dont do that unless i was a dealer but asked me to hold while he checked on it. he came back and said they would make an exception and ship me not only an advanced replacement, but also a return shipping tag so i didnt have to pay for return shipping for the defective unit! A+++ service!

I am really digging P.E. these guys rock!

Zc

Zero Cool said:
I have to thank Parts Express for handling my problem with absolute diplomacy and professionalizm!

I called today and explain i have had the sub for about a week and the problem. I asked for an advance replacment to help speed the proccess up. The gentleman that handled my call explained that they normally dont do that unless i was a dealer but asked me to hold while he checked on it. he came back and said they would make an exception and ship me not only an advanced replacement, but also a return shipping tag so i didnt have to pay for return shipping for the defective unit! A+++ service!

I am really digging P.E. these guys rock!

Zc

PE does rock i got my davis drivers from them. Good team good prices..

another shameless plug for pe,

great guys with GREAT service...my spider experience with adire was somewhat different. they did not want me to attempt a repair myself, so i said ill just return it and buy a different driver, at which point whoever i was dealing with decided that it was OK for me to go ahead with the self repair. IIRC they said that the repair coudl very easiy take more than a month.

although adire do make fantastic drivers, i geuss i just got a lemon.

Well P.E. got my advanced replacement driver out to me in 3 days! I carefully inspected this one. and BTW the Serial Number of this driver is #2!!! could i really have gotten the second driver from the run??

Anway, the glue looks very good and evenon the new driver. the defective one, most of the glue was on the spider and not the V.C.

I set up a test rig on the bench last night and ran the new driver with a signal generator and varied the signal from about 1hz through 200 hz at various power levels and DANG, this S.O.B. MOVES SOME SERIOUS AIR! my whole bench was jumping, shook the h*ll out of everything hahahahha!

So i got it installed in the car and it sounds great! I am using a Alpine 3548 amplifier bridged mono @ 160 watts and it is just enough to keep up with the stock BMW amplifier and Nak head unit. I wasnt after the big booming bass. just wanted to get some low end in the car and the stock 5.25" woofers on all 4 corners just didnt cut it.

I modified the stock amp and added some high pass filters on the inputs to roll the very very bottom off going into the amp. and i use the Nak's sub outs to drive the sub amp.

My only complaint is that the Loudness tracking isnt the greatest. at very low levels there is too much bass and at the max there inst enough. But oh well.

Zc

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.