Passive Crossover for Passive Subwoofer?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey

Is it possible to design a passive crossover to a subwoofer that has a different orders in it...for example I want to make a passive crossover that has a 2nd order highpass @ 18hz and a 4th order low pass @ 80hz

I know its possible to make them the same for example a 2nd order bandpass at 18hz and 80hz?

If any more info in required just ask

any responce to this would be appreciated or even a referal as this is a complicated subject

Thanks

Hi,

I'll second PM, the inductor for a 18Hz highpass will be extraordinarily expensive,
if you could even find one, the 80Hz components will also be expensive.

Active highpass (and lowpass) is the only sensible option.

There is no problem with 2nd order highpass and 4th order lowpass.

:)/sreten.

Could I pay possibly pay you to design and/or make one for me

(with my predetermined specs that ill tell you if you accept),

or could you direct me something that can

please!

nothing comes up on google anywhere that I can use

and I cant use yours cause there for speakers and 2/3 way ones..I want a 1 way bandpass if that possible

Thanks

There used to be a kit for use with Electronics Australia's Playmaster series. IIRC, it had three op amps and gave stereo hp outputs, a mono sub output, and came with instructions for adjusting crossover frequencies. Jaycar don't seem to have it, must be Dick Smith.

Toast_Master said:
could I change a certain thing on it to make it 18hz? cause if so then my search is over

Yes you could. This is a silicon chip design and AFAIK such kits come with the original article which means you will get a schematic and detailed explaination and instructions. Even if it does not tell you how to make the exact change you want, you should have plenty of info with which to work it out.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.